Their first one. I know PV's going. I also hear GC will be the host band. It starts at 5.
Their first one. I know PV's going. I also hear GC will be the host band. It starts at 5.
Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.
Just wondering....why would Gate City be the host band? I heard that UVA-W is trying to begin a band program. If so, it's a good idea. A college football team needs a band to go with it.
Kelly should start having the Lonesome Pine Band Festival at the college.
I don't understand either. I like GC band but still. Confuses me. I thought UVA W would be getting a band too.
Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.
We are actively working on developing a marching band program at UVAWise, but at this point we still do not have the number of members we need. Our goal is to kick off the marching band with at least 35 members. This year we had around 20 students interested. We hope we'll be ready to get it going by next year, if we have enough interest. Hosting this festival could be the greatest single recruitment tool we have. This will bring many new musicians to campus and could spark some interest in the school.
Gate City is going to be the host band at the festival even though UVAWise is hosting and running the festival. This is because we don't yet have the marching band program. We contacted a few bands and Gate City was interested in this position. Their seniors are also going to help us work the festival. Gate City played at the game tonight (because all our pep band students are away on fall break.) They did a great job!!
We plan on going... for part at least.
Let's ask Brasspig... he'll know why GC is the host band.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future
Bookmarks